Health-iesh Taco Cups

I had planned having my husband grill hamburgers tonight. When I got home, he was so busy finishing up school projects that I realized I better figure out something to do with that pound of ground beef. And pronto, since I was hangry. I looked in the pantry for what to put with the ground beef, and the only seasoning packet I had was taco. Hmmm, I had no tortillas or taco shells.

I had some reduced fat crescent rolls in the fridge, so I figured I'd do my own "here's what I have available" version of Emily Bites taco cupcakes. My husband loved it! He said "you're going to need to add this one to the blog" - which also means it will be in my go-to repertoire.



Ingredients
1 lb. ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning mix
1 can Rotel, drained
1/2 pkg. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1-2 tubes of reduced fat crescent rolls
Shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican blend)

Directions
Preheat oven to 375, or whatever is listed on the crescent roll tube.
1. Brown ground beef, drain, then add taco seasoning and water as listed on the taco packet directions.
2. Mix in Rotel with the ground beef (I didn't do this originally, but decided after the fact it would save a step that way.)
3. Spray cupcake tins with cooking spray.
4. Separate crescent rolls into triangles (as they are already perforated) and put one triangle in each cup, pressing down into the cupcake tin and leaving the ends of the triangle hanging out.
5. Add a spoonful of ground beef mixture into each crescent "cup", add small spoon of cream cheese on each (maybe 1/2 T.), then sprinkle with shredded cheese.
6. Fold ends of triangles over the taco mixture.

7. Cook as directed on the crescent roll package (10-12 minutes.)

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts