Chicken Tajín with Onions and Peppers


Recently I went to a Mexican market with my friend who is from Mexico. I was in awe at how cheap their spices and seasonings were! She showed me one seasoning she likes to use, tajín, which is made of chile peppers, lime and salt. If you've ever had the "hint of lime" tortilla chips it's similar to that.

Last night I had two chicken breasts and decided to try it out on them. I made up this recipe and it turned out SO good! The tajín is very flavorful, so use it sparingly. You can always add more if you need to. My Mexican friend says she's pretty sure they carry this at most bigger grocery stores (maybe in the international section?)

Ingredients and Directions
This is for 2 chicken breasts, so adjust accordingly.
Saute with splash of olive oil and pinch of tajín:
1/2 onion, chopped

1/2 green pepper, chopped


Chicken Marinade:
2 chicken breasts (I like to tenderize mine, pound them out)
3 T. olive oil

1 T. soy sauce (I use the reduced sodium)

2 T. honey
1 t. herbs de Provence (this is a mixture of fennel, basil, thyme and lavender)
1-2 T. tajín seasoning


Marinade tenderized chicken breasts in gallon bag for 1 hour. Remove and sear in same pan as sauteed onions/peppers. Be sure to get your pan hot and add olive oil so it doesn't stick. This will give it a little color so it doesn't look white and sad.

After searing, place entire pan contents (chicken, veggies, and marinade) in casserole dish and bake in the oven on 425 until chicken is cooked through. My oven cooks a little fast, and it took about 15 minutes for me.

Comments

  1. Today I sprinkled Tajin on my chicken and wondered if there were any recipes out there lol.
    Found only yours! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I sprinkled Tajin on my chicken and wondered if there were any recipes out there lol.
    Found only yours! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's great to hear! Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent recipe! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts