Low-Carb Apple Cobbler Dessert

This low-carb apple cobbler is going to have you giving high fives all-round. There is so much good going on here and nothing bad.

First off, let me give all the props to Mellissa at I Breathe I'm Hungry, as the cobbler crumble is mostly based on her recipe here. My keto friend passed it along to me on Pinterest the other day and I had a longing for cobbler from that point on. As with most of my recipes, however, they are accidents based on food I have on hand.

The best part about this recipe is how easy it was to put together. And I am pretty sure I will be using this crumble base for many, many more low-carb desserts to come. The only thing that could have possibly made this better is keto vanilla ice cream.

When I was a child, my mom would often take apples that were "on their way out" so to speak and sauté them in a skillet, adding butter, cinnamon, and sugar as they cooked. This makes the most heavenly smell btw. I realized I had three Granny Smith apples on their way out, so I proceeded to peel them and thinly slice with the mandolin. In hindsight, six apples would have been more appropriate, so I'm writing this recipe the way it should be made.

INGREDIENTS & DIRECTIONS

1.  Heat oven to 375(F). Spray your baking dish with non-stick spray.

2.  Sauté together on low for 10-12 minutes:

  • 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced thinly 
  • 4 T. BochaSweet, or your favorite sugar substitute
  • 3 tsp. cinnamon
  • dash of ground ginger
  • dash of salt
3.  Mix crumble together (based on IBIH crumble):
  • 4 T. melted butter
  • 1-1/3 cup almond flour
  • 3-4 T. BochaSweet, or your favorite sugar substitute
  • dash of salt
4.  Make two layers, starting with half the apples, half the crumble, then repeat.

5.  Cook on 375 for 20-22 minutes, or until crumble on top begins to brown.

Comments

Popular Posts