Stuffed "Company" Chicken

Do you remember when you were young and your parents were having "company" over? This meant for me that my mom was going to make something appropriate to serve to guests. Sometimes we'd call this "company" food, hence the name for this chicken recipe I derived from an original company entree of my mom's - Chicken Washington.

As I frantically tried to put together a meal last Friday night, I realized I only had a scant amount of ingredients and needed to pull these into a cohesive entree. I had thinly cut chicken breasts, leftover ham, Laughing Cow cheese, and a few other items. It turned out tasting so good! I'll definitely be making this again, and will likely try various stuffing ingredients just to check them out.

Though I didn't have company that night, I realized that the final product looked similar to my mom's Chicken Washington, and that it would be appropriate to serve to company.

Ingredients
1 Pkg thinly sliced chicken breasts (or get breasts and slice them horizontally, three times each breast.)
5-6 Wedges Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss original OR reduced fat cream cheese
1/4 Cup sharp cheddar
6 slices of ham
Salt and pepper
Wooden toothpicks


Instructions
1. Lightly salt and pepper each breast strip.
2. Mix together Laughing Cow cheese and cheddar cheese.
3. Use a cookie sheet with either parchment paper or aluminum foil on it. Lay out chicken strips on this.
4. Place one piece of ham on each piece of chicken, along with 1-2 Tbsp of the the cheese mixture (depending on the size of your chicken strips, just guesstimate this and remember the cheese will melt, so may want put the scoop of this in the middle of one side of the strip.)
5. Fold over strip in half, covering the ham and cheese. Secure with 2-3 toothpicks.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is done.

P.S. I served this with long grain wild rice.
P.P.S. The thinly cut chicken breasts will make your dollar stretch - instead of feeding us for one meal I got two meals out of this, and with a total of 6 strips that's only using two breasts.

Comments

Popular Posts