Mini Apple Pie



I was craving a dessert last night but didn't have much...2 apples was about it. So I decided to chop up the apples and cook them down since they were almost too tart to eat. If you aren't aware, the best apples to cook with are the tart ones, like Granny Smiths - these were Cortlands.


I also had some wheat crackers I'd gotten several weeks ago. They were a little thick and for me just too sweet to put with cheese so I'd avoided eating them and stowed them away. They were almost like a thick graham cracker.


I got this idea - what if I made a mini version of apple pie?


Ingredients:

2-3 apples

2 T. Brown sugar

2 T. margarine

Thick wheat crackers or low-fat graham crackers

Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded


I put the apples in a skillet and just turned on the heat to medium high. The apples will caramelize but as they started to do that I added in the margarine. Once the margarine was melted and the apples were soft and a little mushy I sprinkled the brown sugar on and stirred that around.


Spoon onto cracker and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Viola!

Comments

Popular Posts