Onion Soup Mix Meatloaf


Onion Soup Mix Meatloaf
(Adapted from Ann's Sister's Meatloaf, allrecipes.com)

I don't often make meatloaf, often because it seems to fall apart on me. Probably because I am making it a "healthier" way and using onions and green peppers as fillers. My disclaimer on this recipe is that it is not necessarily diet, but it's also not awful for you.

Personally, I found 2 lb of lean ground beef to be about 1/2 lb too much - it was super thick meatloaf. It tasted amazing, but me not being a huge meat eater it may have just been me. My husband loved this meatloaf - ate 4 pieces!

Ingredients

2 pounds lean ground beef
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup warm water
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
1 slice bacon (optional)
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce or additional ketchup (for top)


Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl combine the beef, eggs, crumbs, ketchup, water and soup mix. Mix well and spoon mixture into loaf pan. Cover with 1 strip of bacon, then cover with tomato sauce or ketchup.
3. Bake for 1 hour. Remove strip of bacon from top before serving if you want.


***Note: To avoid having your meatloaf use parchment paper to line your pan.

Comments

Popular Posts